My Mom called me last night, after I got back from NYC. My Uncle Bob is dead. We're not sure how yet, but they think alcohol poisoning. My cousin Adam is arranging everything. He said he wants to have the viewing Wednesday afternoon/evening. I wasn't very close with my Uncle at all, but I am with Adam and he needs all of us right now. He doesn't have any brothers or sisters, and we haven't seen or heard from his Mom since we were little.
Things are a really bit mess right now. Bob was in charge of my Granny's will, which was never really sorted out properly b/c he didn't want to give things up. Her estate was to go to him and my Uncle Dave, and the rest of the money was supposed to be split between my Mom and her other two brothers and sister. Somehow Bob switched things around so that everything was included in "the estate" Long story short, everyone was really mad at him, and even my cousin Adam moved out. Their relationship was destroyed. Now this happened. We were upset, but no one wanted him dead, and Adam never got the chance to make up with him. Their last conversation was the fight when Adam moved out. I can't even imagine how he's feeling right now, and I'm not sure what to say to him other than I'll be there if he needs me. Everything else sounds shallow and forced when I think about it.
Wonderful thing t come back to after my first trip into NYC in awhile. That city is fukking cursed. Something awful happens every time I go.
*We will never forget*
*May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment